Who is the leader in online video?
YouTube is the main platform for online video.
- YouTube holds about 40% of the online video audience each month.
- On YouTube, over 13 million hours of video was uploaded in 2010 and 35 hours of video was uploaded every minute. That is comparable to 150,000+ full-length movies.
- More video is uploaded to YouTube in 60 days than the 3 major U.S. networks produced in 60 years.
- Only 30% of YouTube traffic comes from within the U.S.
- YouTube is confined in 25 countries including 43 languages.
- 94 of AdAge’s Top 100 advertisers run ad campaigns on YouTube and the Google Display Network.
- The amount of advertisers using display ads on YouTube increased 10 fold in the last year.
- An AutoShared Tweet typically creates about six new youtube.com sessions.
- More than 50% of videos on YouTube are rated or include comments from viewers.
- YouTube mobile receives more than 100 million views a day.
- 10% of YouTube’s videos are obtainable in HD.