Writing a Script for Corporate Video:
What does every great video, commercial, or film all have in common? A great script. The script is the foundation of every type of video, big or small. To get started on scriptwriting you don’t even need a specific format or program. A computer and/or a pen and paper will work just fine.
- Keep in mind the budget for your video. Your budget will dictate the amount of production that will be involved in your corporate video. This includes your location, your talent/actors, video equipment, etc.
- How long do you want your video to be? There are around 150-200 words per minute of video. So if you want a two-minute video – your script should run around 300 to 400 words.
- What is your core message? Think of one simple message you want to convey in your corporate video. You will be basing your whole script around this one message. If you try to add more messages, this will only leave your audience confused at the end of the video.
- You must determine a tone and style of script writing before your first draft. Do some research first. This will help you properly reach out to your audience and engage them.
- Who is your target audience? Remember to keep them in mind during the whole writing process.
- Remember to avoid industry jargon. You and your company might understand the meaning behind those terms, but will your audience? If you aren’t sure, avoid it at all costs. Also, try to avoid complicated words. The last thing you want to do is to bore or confuse your audience with words that they may not know of, thus causing them to tune out that much faster. Instead, use simple and effective words that they will be more likely understand.
- The last part of your script needs a call to action. This is where the viewer takes the next step after watching your video. It should be crystal clear to them at the end of the video exactly what it is you want them to do.
Here at Key West, we can help with any of your scriptwriting needs. We have been producing corporate videos for over 20 years, and we know exactly how important the script is for any video. Contact us for your next corporate video!