YouTube is the leader in online video.
It is the main platform for online video. It’s the biggest video sharing website serving over 1 billion views a day.
Here are some facts:
- It holds about 40% of the online video audience each month.
- Over 13 million hours of video was uploaded in 2010 and 35 hours of video was uploaded every minute. That is comparable to 150,000+ full-length movies.
- More video is uploaded to YouTube in 60 days than the 3 major U.S. networks produced in 60 years.
- Only 30% of traffic comes from within the U.S.
- Its confined in 25 countries including 43 languages.
- 94 of AdAge’s Top 100 advertisers run ad campaigns on YouTube and the Google Display Network.
- The amount of advertisers using display ads on the site increased 10 fold in the last year.
- An AutoShared Tweet typically creates about six new youtube.com sessions.
- More than 50% of videos are rated or include comments from viewers.
- YouTube mobile receives more than 100 million views a day.
- 10% of videos are obtainable in HD.
But what makes YouTube so popular?
- Basically anyone can post a video online at no cost!
- One of the most compelling features of YouTube is the ability to “embed” video on any web site or blog. This is simple and free. Every video has a piece of HTML code, which you can copy and paste anywhere. This feature was one reason for the rocket-like growth of YouTube starting in 2005.
- It hosts about ANY type of video imaginable!
Information found at: www.business2community.com